London postcodes have the highest rates of burglary claims in the UK, with South Tulse Hill and Dulwich taking number one spot, according to MoneySuperMarket.
Based on two million home insurance quotes run on the price comparison site over the past two years, the SE21 area has had 61.2 claims per 1,000 quotes.
The research, which identifies postcodes with claims over a five-year period for theft of contents, showed 16 out of the top 20 burglary hotspots were located in the capital.
The website said East London postcodes dominated the next three places after Tulse Hill and Dulwich, including Clayhall (IG5), Redbridge (IG4) and Gants Hill (IG2).
Wealthy district North Kensington (W10) came in at 12th place. The ranking also includes North London suburbs Whetstone (N20), Cockfosters (EN4) and New Southgate (N11).
Outside London, West Bromwich (B70) was ranked at 11th place, with 45.5 claims per 1,000 quotes. Chorlton-cum-Hardy in Manchester (M21) came at 15th, followed by Hawksworth and Kirkstall in Leeds (LS5). Olney in Milton Keynes (MK46) was ranked in 20th position.
Kevin Pratt, consumer affairs expert at MoneySuperMarket, said: "Burglars have two thoughts uppermost in their minds: where am I most likely to find something worth stealing and where am I least likely to get caught?
"Our findings suggest thieves favour busy urban areas where strangers are unlikely to be spotted and it's easy to make a quick getaway. But leafy suburbs are also heavily targeted, with burglars following the money to affluent areas."
Harbury (CV33) in Warwickshire has one of the lowest theft rates, with 0.7 claims per 1,000 quotes. Londonderry (BT48) in Northern Ireland is also one of the safest places for burglary, with 0.9 claims per 1,000.
Highest postal areas for contents claims on home insurance policies by postal district, area and claims per 1000 quotes:
1. SE21, South Tulse Hill & Dulwich - 61.2
2. IG5, Clayhall - 57.5
3. IG4, Redbridge - 56.7
4. IG2, Gants Hill, Newbury Park, Aldborough Hatch - 53.5
5. N20, Whetstone - 49.5
6. TW5, Heston, Cranford (north), Osterley (west) - 49.2
7. EN4, Hadley Wood, Cockfosters, East Barnet, New Barnet - 48.6
8. N11, New Southgate - 48.1
9. IG6, Barkingside, Hainault (south) - 46.7
10. TW11, Teddington - 46.6
11. B70, West Bromwich - 45.5
12. W10, North Kensington - 44.9
13. SE24, Herne Hill & North Tulse Hill - 44.4
14. SW14, Mortlake - 44.1
15. M21, Chorlton-cum-Hardy, Barlow Moor - 44
16. LS5, Hawksworth, Kirkstall - 43.5
17. IG3, Seven Kings, Goodmayes - 43.1
18. HA7, Stanmore, Queensbury, Belmont - 42.6
19. RM11, Hornchurch, Emerson Park, Ardleigh Green - 42.3
20. MK46, Olney - 42.2