The Actuary magazine, the leading publication for the actuarial profession, is seeking experienced and enthusiastic actuaries to join the editorial team as a features editor
What is involved?
As a Features editor you will:
- Be a point of contact for authors to submit articles in your areas of work
- Provide input to the editor and wider editorial team on the relevance of articles submitted in your areas of work, and whether they should be commissioned
- Communicate with authors, the editor and the publisher
- Edit articles so that they can be understood and have broad appeal to The Actuary's wide readership
- Provide feedback to authors in the event that material is not suitable for publishing
- Review the articles laid out for print and provide feedback to the publisher on amendments
- Contribute to discussions with the rest of the editorial team to shape the content in The Actuary magazine
You will also have the opportunity to network both within the actuarial profession and externally.
Time commitment: The role is flexible, but it is anticipated that you will spend around one to two days each month, which includes liaising with the editorial team on conference calls and at team meetings.
Who should apply: This role would be perfect for an experienced member of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, although need not be qualified.
You should be someone who:
- Enjoys reading and writing
- Interacting with thought leaders and gaining a wider perspective of issues that are of interest to actuaries.
- Working in a collaborative team and open to feedback
- Is someone who is able to work independently, pro-active and organised
How to apply: To express your interest in this role, or for more information, please email the Editor at [email protected]