Contributions are invited for a special issue of Annals of Actuarial Science (AAS) featuring research on managing the risk of mortality shocks.
The deadline for submission has been extended to 30 September 2021. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Direct effects on liabilities linked to mortality and longevity risks
- Capital market and insurance innovations for pandemic risk management
- Impact on the provision of, and demand for, healthcare
- Changes in economic activity, commodity prices and asset prices
- Increase in government debt and the effect on bond markets
- Changes in investor/policyholder behaviour
- Changes in regulation
- Preparing for the next pandemic
- Innovations in mortality modelling that can explain or capture shocks and are relevant to the understanding of industry impacts.
The issue will be guest edited by Michel Dacorogna (University of Zurich), Runhuan Feng (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) and Annamaria Olivieri (University of Parma).
For more information and guidance about writing for AAS, visit bit.ly/AASCallforPapers