It’s just over one month until we hold our first in-person, cross-practice IFoA Conference for two years.
We cannot wait to welcome you, in person or virtually, to this forum for thought-provoking discussion.
If you’ve not yet seen our conference brochure, take a look at bit.ly/IFoAConf2022. You’ll be able to read about the cross-practice sessions we have lined up over the two days, incorporating a range of traditional and emerging topics such as sustainability, health and care, COVID-19, careers and data science.
- The opportunity to ask questions of Matt Saker, Louise Pryor and Kalpana Shah in a ‘fireside chat’, along with IFoA CEO Stephen Mann
- Decentralised finance and crypto assets – genesis of new risks and business models
- Climate change and the insurance industry
- The growth of non-bank lending – an opportunity with impact
- Under the surface of the Solvency II reforms
- Disaster risk finance – a multidisciplinary approach
- Thank goodness it’s not a Friday – from the COVID-19 Actuaries Response Group
- Neurodiversity – a disability or a superpower?
- Do actuaries have what it takes to survive in the tech jungle?
We also have top-flight speakers lined up, including Paul Johnson, director of the Institute of Fiscal Studies; Daniel Clarke, director of the Centre for Disaster Protection; Joanne Meusz, an actuary in the Government Actuary’s Department; and Priya Dwarakanath, head of life research and strategic forecasting at the Swiss Re Institute.
And remember – we end both days of the conference with a networking drinks reception, giving you the chance to reconnect with old friends and colleagues.
We’re really looking forward to being back and hope to see you in June.
To secure your place, book at bit.ly/IFoAConf